Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kickin it in Cali




We are back home from our vacation. We had a great time traveling across the entire state of California, from San Diego up to Redding. It was good to see all of our friends and family again. While up at my dad's Heather felt the baby kick for the first time. At least it was the first time she definitely could tell that it was the baby. It was pretty exciting for everyone. Now she feels it regularly, especially when we go to bed.

I read in my book about talking to the baby before it's born. It is amazing how much they can hear and pick up from inside. I usually can't hear Heather when she's talking to me from across the room. The baby is in liquid and inside of a person. Amazing.

Tomorrow is the big day when we find out the gender. Everyone keeps asking us what we are hoping for, and I tell everyone that it doesn't matter because we want both. It really doesn't matter in which order they come. It seems that most people are convinced that having a boy is much more difficult. My parents had to try three times, but Heather's got it right off the bat. I put up a poll to see what everyone is betting on. So look to the right for the poll and cast your vote. Hey, you have a 50/50 chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment