Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Not So Pretty Side of Parenting

Yes, you have the privilege of looking at my beautiful breastfeeding companion. You might think, why would they pick such horribly ugly dolls for this class. Well, not everyone had the good fortune of such a lovely baby. Actually, I was the only one that had a horrible and slightly inappropriate baby. My loving wife picked it out for me while I was up helping the instructor. How nice.

So, the breastfeeding class. Not the best two and a half hours we have ever spent. Our instructor was horribly boring, repetitive, and not very knowledgeable. You could have boiled down the class to maybe forty five minutes.

Next we had a Baby Care Basics class. This was a looong class. Friday night for three hours, and then Saturday for six. Even though this class was much longer, there was a lot of useful information and the instructor was way better. There were still some things we could have done without, like watching videos. I don't need to pay to come sit in a room to watch a video. Just give me the dvd or tell me where to watch it on the web. I need first hand information. The first video was on baby proofing your house with Dr. Babyproof. Not kidding, Dr. Babyproof. What's even better is that Dr. Babyproof, with his stupid beard and ponytail, wasn't a real Dr. A little over the top for us. We might as well put the baby in a padded room until she goes to school. We learned baby CPR and how to help them if they're choking. Here's Heather practicing.

We now feel slightly more prepared for the baby's arrival, but only slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment