Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Big Not So Easy

So last week we finally decided to paint our downstairs bedroom that we bought paint for last month. Of course the first, and worst, part of painting is taping. As we are taping away I start to leave the room to get a drink when I hear Heather scream. It wasn't really the type of scream that made me think anything was really wrong. It sounded like she was surprised by something, so I figured it was a bug. So I say, "What is it? A spider?" It was not a spider. While Heather was taping one of the outlets, she got a little shock. I guess it lasted for about two seconds. She seemed to be ok, so I didn't think much of it. Heather though, decided to search the Internet for pregnancy and electric shock. The results ranged from totally fine to certain death, as most things you look up about pregnancy do. To play it safe we called the doctor. The doctor was sure she was fine, but thought that we should come to the hospital just to be safe.

So we had our first trip to the hospital. Everything came back fine and the baby is great. We were extremely relieved. Some good came of the experience. We now know where to go in the hospital for d day, and we got pre registered. We also saw the newly renovated rooms we will be in. Very nice. Once we got home, Heather rested, and I finished the painting.

This past weekend we took a little trip to New Orleans. The Big Easy. I never understood that nickname. We went with our friends who are also expecting. It was a father's day gift and a good reason to take another trip before the baby comes and we're grounded for a while. There was a lot of good food and fun. It is a very interesting town with a lot of history. It is very unique. I would suggest visiting if you've never been. Even if it's just to get beignets at Cafe Du Monde. I'm sure if you haven't been, you just picture Mardi Gras craziness all the time, but there's much more than that.

1 comment:

  1. You say nothing will come from the smal shock, but I'm maintaining that that small bit of electricity will give your child super-powers. Remeber with great power comes great responsibility.
    Now you have to name her something that starts with a K. Most great superheros have the same letter for their first and last name: Peter Parker, Reed Richards, Susan Storm, J'onn J'onnz, Bruce Banner, Scott Summers, Matt Murdock, I could go on forever, but you can see the importance of this.

    ReplyDelete