Friday, May 22, 2009

The Shot Heard Around The House


So, from watching TV my whole life, I always saw sitcoms where inevitably there would be a very special episode that involved a main character or special guest that was pregnant. In most, if not all, of these episodes there came the point where the pregnant character spouted the line, "you did this to me" to her anxious or worried husband. It always seemed to be a cliche that I never thought would be used in real life, and certainly not by my loving wife. Well, nine weeks three days in, the hammer dropped. Heather's nausea hasn't gotten what you might call, better. Today was actually the worst yet. I know it's miserable so I won't take the accusation to heart. In fact I'll take it as reassurance that I am in fact the one that did this to her. We kind of thought that we might be getting out of this funk because yesterday was pretty good. We went for a walk and had a great dinner and she even did some squats. I guess that made the baby angry and it came back with a vengeance today.

Heather thinks that the nausea is linked to her vitamins. I'm not completely sold on that idea. I have tried to get her to take vitamins forever with no luck, and now that she has to I think she has just made a negative association with them. We are going to call the doctor though and see about trying another brand.

If you're wondering about today's picture, Heather hasn't felt photogenic lately so I just pulled one that I liked. Don't worry though, she was pregnant when it was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment